Evolis undertakes to respect the protection of people’s privacy and to do all it can to ensure that any processing of personal data carried out complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Purpose of the Policy
Collection of personal data
We collect several types of personal data about you:
- Data you send us, notably when you request information, register for a newsletter, apply for a job or sign up to any other service. Data that is essential for Evolis to obtain to process your request is flagged with an asterisk.
- Data generated by your use of the Website and our Services , including cookies
- Data sent by third-party sources (subsidiaries of the Evolis group, commercial partners, service providers)
This data is mainly:
- Contact data, such as names, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, professions and telephone numbers
- Data on log-ins to the Website, such as user names and passwords
- Data sent as part of a job application
Some of our web pages use "cookies". Cookies, or connection witnesses, are small text files that can be read by an internet server of the Evolis domain, which places the cookie on your hard drive.
A cookie is a small text file that can be used to collect, for example, information on user activity on a website.
Type and purpose of cookies collected:
Our Website uses two types of cookies:
- Operating cookies. An identifier is attributed to each cookie. This helps its issuer identify the terminal on which it is saved for the duration of validity of the cookie concerned or the time during which it is saved.
- Audience measurement cookies. These cookies help draw up statistics about visits to our website and detect browsing problems so that the quality of our services can be monitored and improved. We collect and keep only data concerning traffic to our Website, anonymously and via an analytical solution.
Evolis uses the services offered by the US firm Google Inc. Data collected via cookies is sent to and stored by the firm Google Inc. The firm Google Inc. has signed up to the Safe Harbor agreement, so ensures an adequate level of protection of personal data (Decision 2000/520/EC of 26-07-2000).
The Google Analytics service helps keep count of visitors and identify the way they use the Website. These cookies are placed and read on the user’s terminal as soon as the user visits a website using Google Analytics.
Use of personal data
Processing carried out by Evolis fulfills an explicit, legitimate and specific purpose based on performance of the contract, respect of a legal obligation, consent and legitimate interest.
Depending on our relations, we use your personal data to:
- Manage the customer relationship
- Manage orders and provide technical support
- Respond to your requests
- Follow your job applications
- Improve and develop new products and services
- Tell you about our company and products
- Facilitate and improve browsing on the Website
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and ensure that our contracts our respected
When the processing of personal data depends on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Evolis may be required to provide public authorities with certain data when asked to, or may be required to do so as part of its legal and regulatory obligations. In such cases, only data that is precisely requested is sent.
Evolis may send your personal data to its commercial partners, technical service providers or group subsidiaries, whose involvement is strictly required for fulfilling one of the aforementioned purposes. Evolis ensures that these third parties process your data so as to ensure its integrity, confidentiality and security.
Your data shall not be transferred for purposes other than those stipulated in this policy, except with your express authorization, which you can later withdraw at any time.
International data transfers
Evolis may transfer your data internationally. In such scenarios, we shall ensure that these transfers are performed with the greatest respect for your rights.
Data transfers outside the EU would therefore only take place if the following strict conditions were respected:
- If the European Commission decides that there is sufficient harmony, recognizing in the other country a level of protection of personal data equivalent to that stipulated by EU legislation.
- If the level of protection has not been recognized as equivalent by the European Commission, we shall either use special dispensation applicable to the situation (explicit consent, required for performance of a contract, etc.) or introduce one of the appropriate guarantees for ensuring protection of your personal data (classic contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, restrictive business rules).
Evolis undertakes to store your collected data in a form that helps us identify you for a duration that shall not last longer than is required for the purposes for which this data is collected and processed.
This data can also be stored with the aim of respecting a legal obligation or showing proof of a right or contract.
Evolis applies appropriate technical and organizational techniques regarding the nature of data and the risks that processing of it can carry, so that the security and confidentiality of your personal data can be preserved, and notably so it can be prevented from being distorted, damaged or viewed by unauthorized third parties.
These measures may include practices such as limited access to data among staff members of departments authorized to gain access to it due to their work purposes, contractual guarantees in the event of resorting to an external service provider, impact studies on privacy, regular examinations of our practices and policies of respect for people’s privacy and/or security measures that are material or computerized (secured access, authentication procedure, back-up copies, antivirus software, firewalls, etc.)
Pursuant to France’s data-privacy law and to the GDPR, you enjoy the following rights:
- Right to access (article 15, GDPR) and rectify (article 16, GDPR)Right to delete your personal data (article 17, GDPR)
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time (article 13-2c, GDPR)
- Right to limit processing of your data (article 18, GDPR)
- Right to object to processing of your data (article 21, GDPR)
- Right to portability of data you have sent us when your data is subject to automated processing based on your consent or a contract (article 20, GDPR)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the CNIL in France (article 77, GDPR)
These rights can be exercised via a simple request by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Evolis, avenue de la Fontaine, 49070 Beaucouzé, France, with your contact details (family name, first name, address and copy of signed proof of identity) stated.
To find out more about your rights, you can also read the website of France’s public body for data privacy (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) at the following address: http://cnil.fr.
Data Protection Officer’s (DPO) contact details
For all requests for information concerning this policy and for any information on your rights or on exercising these rights in the processing of personal data managed by Evolis, please contact our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) and include, alongside your request, a copy of proof of identity.
Modifications to this policy
Evolis may modify its data protection policy. We will ensure that you are informed of these modifications, notably through a special notice on our Website.