Client : Le Cigare et la Plume
The tobacco shop “La Cigare et la Plume” chose Edikio Price Tag, a labeling solution fully adapted to the conditions of the cigar cellar.
The challenge: replacing the price tags in a cigar cellar for ones with a more professional and durable finish.
Located at the heart of the Westfield Parly2 shopping centre in Chesnay-Rocquencourt (France), “Le Cigare et la Plume” greets their customers in an elegant and welcoming setting. The shop features a space dedicated to a cigar cellar displaying several hundred different types of cigars for novices and amateurs alike. A team of passionate experts advises customers and provides a selection of cigars of various flavours and origins.
Like in many shops, every item for sale at “Le Cigare et la Plume” has its own price tag. However, the labeling used by Ms Breda, manager, at the tobacco shop came with many inconveniences, especially due to the environment in which it was placed. A cigar cellar is a closed space which must be kept warm and humid to ensure that the flavours and aromas of the cigars are completely preserved.
- The previous labels were created from an office software template with limited options when it came to adding graphics or making modifications.
- They were then printed onto paper, which is extremely sensitive to the humid environment of a cigar cellar, which therefore reduced the sustainability of the labels.
- Lastly, the paper labels tended to fall off easily as their position was neither optimal nor effective.
The solution: price tags printed on plastic cards suited to the preservation conditions of a cigar cellar.
When the retailer, Celer-IT, presented the Edikio software solution to Ms Breda, she was immediately convinced by the benefits of having the products’ prices printed onto plastic cards.
”Edikio Price Tag is perfectly suited to my shop and its specific requirements.”
- The new price tags are moisture-proof and therefore more durable than the previous paper versions.
- This results in the team being able to save a massive amount of time. On the one hand, as they don’t have to replace the price tags so often, but also as they are now so quick and easy to print thanks to the Edikio Price Tag solution.
- Lastly, thanks to the size of the cards they are able to list all of the important information that customers require in a legible yet professional way.
Ms Breda has now equipped the store with Edikio Price Tag Access, which provides her with all that she needs to easily create and print her new price tags:
- a plastic card printer
- Edikio Price Tag creation software
- consumables - black PVC cards and white ribbon cassettes
- as well as a selection of optional accessories to allow the tags to be placed close to the products.
The result: quality labeling which lists all the important information
“The customers who have noticed the new labels are very pleased with them. They feel that the labels are more complete, and especially, a lot clearer. They provide customers with a first level of information before we step in with more personalised suggestions.”
Since the Edikio Price Tag solution has been implemented, the shop has been able to place over 300 price tags in its cigar cellar. They are placed next to the products thanks to a suitable stand.
Each label displays:
- the price of the cigar
- its brand
- its name
- its origin
- the score awarded to it by L’Amateur de cigare, the French reference magazine
- and its sales code.
Ms Breda had initially chosen Edikio Price Tag for her cigar cellar, but thanks to the versatility of the solution, she has now been able to create labels for her other high-end products: leather goods, pens, etc. She is also considering creating a loyalty card for her most regular customers.
Our all-in-one labeling solutions
Edikio offers two ranges of all-in-one solutions to let you design and print attractive labels quickly and easily while cutting costs, all from the comfort of your store or establishment:
- Price tags with our Price Tag solutions aimed at stores
- Display labels with our Edikio Guest solutions aimed at hotels and restaurants
Our packs include:
- A printer: single-sided our double-sided printing on standard-size or long-size cards
- Plastic card design and print software
- A printer ribbon and PVC cards designed especially for the food trade*
Discover other testimonies
5 star hotel in Japan creates and prints elegant buffet tags with Edikio
The Wine Company, based in Singapore, prints 40 to 50 new price tags cards each month.
Manage efficiently and quickly daily issuance of price tags at the point of sale.
An easy and qualitative printing solution for elegant price tags in bakeries.
Price tag printing in accordance with European regulations on food information labeling for consumers on fresh produce.
Printing of several hundreds of food tags for the buffets of hotels with the all-in-one Price Tag solution
Streamlined management of food tags displayed in the restaurants and coffee shops of several ships with the Primacy plastic card printer.